The health of our community depends on the collaboration of all our citizens working together. By investing in people who cannot recover their stability without support, we can create the community we all want — a community in which everyone can thrive. ShelterCare's programs depend upon community support to ensure the funding necessary to serve those needing our help. We do this work because everyone in our community deserves a home. Our tax ID number is 23-7115003.
Here are some ways you can support ShelterCare:
Make an online donation. Click the "Donate" button to get started
- Send your check to ShelterCare, 499 W. 4th Ave., Eugene, OR 97401;
- Donate by phone using Visa or MasterCard by calling (541) 686-1262;
- Contribute monthly with automatic donations from your checking or savings account. Call us for information.
- Write, email or call us to add your name to ShelterCare’s mailing list;
- Contact Kelly Johnson, development director, for more information about donation needs and ways to donate at (541) 686-1262.
Items We Can Accept
Our programs benefit from in-kind donations from the community throughout the year. Individuals leaving our shelters for new housing generally need furniture and household supplies to help them get started in their new residence.
ShelterCare happily accepts the following items (we do not offer pick-up service):
Furniture in new or nearly new condition:
- Bed frames (twin and full)
- Over-stuffed chairs
- End tables
- Coffee tables
- TV stands
- Kitchen tables and chairs
Mattresses (New only)
Gift cards to help new residents purchase food and household supplies:
- Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Wal Mart
- Home Depot
Items We Cannot Accept
- Used towels and bedding
- Used mattresses
In-kind donations are accepted Monday-Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at ShelterCare's Center for Programs & Services, located at 499 W. 4th Ave. in Eugene.
For information, questions or more details regarding in-kind donations, please contact Kelly Johnson or Cheryl Breuer in our development department. They can be reached by telephone at (541) 686-1262.