Together, we can help 250 Lane County families.
Many families in our community don’t have a safe place to call home.
Join us in taking action against homelessness! This October, we aim to raise $50,000 in one month to help 250 families facing homelessness. Thanks to our generous sponsors we're already half way to our goal. Help us raise the other half.
Will it make a difference?
Yes! Homelessness is a community problem. By stepping up, you are supporting a community solution. Your support allows ShelterCare to provide families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness with a variety of services:
- Food, shelter, clothing, household & school supplies
- Financial assistance with rent, utilities or transportation to work
- Support in searching for jobs and affordable permanent housing
- Engagement with community resources for better health and nutrition
- Connections with school counselors and educational and job training opportunities
How Can I ShelterCare About Homelessness?
This campaign is an opportunity to share in our vision of a community where all families have homes.
Make a Donation
You can give a donation as an individual, or engage your colleagues, team, group, church or school in raising money.
Send a message of hope to a family who desperately needs your encouragement. Add a $5.00 gift to the Children's "Fun Fund"
Take the Pledge
Take a public pledge on Facebook, announcing that you ShelterCare about homelessness, to let your family and friends know that you are committed to community solutions to homelessness.
- I pledge to ShelterCare about homelessness by telling at least one person what ShelterCare is and does for the community.
- I pledge to ShelterCare about homelessness by respecting the homeless and treating them as I want to be treated.
- I pledge to ShelterCare about homelessness by learning more about ShelterCare and taking a tour of one of their programs.
- Create your own!
Where To Go
Several local business are joining our campaign by hosting events, raffles, or hosting donation bank. Click here to see a list of places that you can go to support ShelterCare.
Join The 250 Family!
What is it?
A commitment to contribute $250 to help 250 Lane County families.
An opportunity to share in our vision of a community where all families have homes.
A pledge to ShelterCare about homelessness.
You can make a pledge to give the whole amount as a sponsor, or engage your colleagues, team, group, church or school in raising $250. Or join The Extended Family with a gift above $250.
For more information contact Kelly Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
What will my $250 make possible?
Each donation of $250 supports:
- Five days of Emergency Shelter Housing; or
- Rental assistance for families moving into longer term units; or
- Rental deposit assistance for families moving into community apartments.