Help Give Someone a Fresh Start
We accept donations of new and gently used household goods and other supplies based on need and quality.
To inquire about our current needs or to schedule a donation drop-off, please call Cheryl Breuer or Kelly Johnson in our development department at (541) 686-1262.
ShelterCare program participants generally need household supplies to help them get started in their new residence. Many participants have little or no income, and benefits such as SNAP cannot be used to purchase cleaning supplies and other items that are necessary for maintaining a safe and livable home environment.
- All-purpose cleaner
- Glass cleaner
- Toilet cleaner
- Dish soap
- Laundry soap
- Paper towels
- Sponges/cleaning rags
- Garbage bags
- Dust pans
- Kitchen trash cans
- New vacuum cleaners
- Shaving gel
- Tampons and sanitary napkins
- Toilet paper
ShelterCare has several outreach teams that hand out supplies to people in the community who are experiencing homelessness, with a goal of connecting people with housing programs and other services. Our outreach teams distribute 75-100 kits every month.
- Men’s and women’s socks (New)
- Toothpaste, travel size
- Slider-closure plastic bags in gallon and quart size
- Individually wrapped toilet paper rolls
- Ear plugs
- Sunscreen, travel size
- Antibiotic ointment packets
- Standard bed pillows (New)
- Dishware sets
- Pots and pans
- Bedding, Twin and Full size (New)
- Towels (New)
Clothing (Program specific, please call ahead)
Some of our programs accept clothing donations, based on need and quality. Please call (see numbers below) for current needs.
- ShelterCare Medical Recuperation ~ 780 Hwy 99 N, Eugene ~ (541) 461-2845
-Services for unhoused adults who have recently been discharged from the hospital
- ShelterCare Housing, Health and Wellness ~ 969 Hwy 99N, Eugene ~ (541) 541-689-7156
-Transitional or “bridge” housing for families and individuals
- Shankle Residence ~ 1545 S. Brooklyn St., Eugene (Glenwood area) ~ (541) 741-7726
-Housing for adults with a history of chronic homelessness
Items We Do Not Accept
- Stuffed animals ~ (Try First Place Family Center)
- Used mattresses ~ (Try St. Vincent de Paul or Eugene Mission)
- TVs ~ (Try NextStep Recycling)
- Appliances ~ (Try St. Vincent de Paul)
If you wish to make a donation of supplies or items not listed here, send us an email or call (541) 686-1262 to see if your donation is a good fit for ShelterCare.